If it seems like I've dropped off the face of the Earth....well....I have. I feel like I am in the twilight zone living an entirely different life. I don't feel like me anymore. I have this other, alter ego: One that stays up all night taking care of sick people while the rest of the world sleeps. One that starts her day at 5:00pm and ends it the next morning at 8:00am. One who is working around 50 hours a week. One is who constantly tired and stumbling around even on her days off.
Yes, I am tired, my feet hurt, my brain doesn't work, BUT I am so grateful I have this opportunity to help out my family. It feels so good to contribute.
And my husband, my amazing husband. Always there to greet me at the door when I shuffle in after a long hard night and tuck me into bed. Always willing to get the kids off to school before he starts his day. Taking care of the details I used to take care of. The best.
My kids, so sweet to play quietly while I sleep. So understanding when I can't make it to their basketball games. I love them so much. I am doing this for them, and for him. For us.
It won't always be like this, and we'll look back one day on this time in our lives and our kids will understand the sacrifices we are making for them. We are pressing forward, we are very optimistic about life, we are working hard. We are repeating over and over...
"Be of good cheer, for the future is as bright as your faith" -Thomas S. Monson.
No comments:
Post a Comment