Thursday, March 10, 2011

Balancing Act

I'm learning time management skills.

Gone are my 'lazy' days of hanging out with Owen, cleaning here and there all day until it's done, wandering around Target, letting the kids just play after school. It's been so long since I've been the one in school, I've forgotten what a drain it is on you! It doesn't help that I don't get home until 10:30pm and wake up tired every morning. I've found that if I don't get going on the housework first thing, it just doesn't get done. Owen has been getting some good one on one time with the TV lately while I study. I feel guilty, but it's only for a short time, right? Don and my mom have been such a great help with everything, I am so lucky to have them!

I am loving my class. I actually took a CNA course in high school and passed, but I never took the state test so I never got my certificate--which I totally regret. So this is kind of a review for me. I love that it's only four intense weeks then you're done. I am half way through it and feeling good about it. I'm not sure yet which route education wise I will take after this, I think I will just work for a while and get some experience and then go from there. I'm actually looking forward to working--never thought I'd say that!

It's been so good for me to do something for myself for a change :)