Sunday, March 28, 2010

Two Things

1) Friday, my favorite blogger cjane posted the most beautiful post on the essence of a woman. She spent weeks preparing for this post in study and contemplation--and I can tell you this--it was divinely inspired, and I came away from reading it grateful to her for putting it so beautifully into words. It is well worth the read!

Click on the link: CJANE

2) It's almost conference time! Twice annually, our church (www.lds.org) has what we call General Conference and we get to hear spiritual talks from our leaders and listen to beautiful music sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It is a time of reflection and inspiration, and I am so grateful to have a loving Father in Heaven who seems to know what I need to hear every year. I can't wait until this weekend!!

Cjane's blog post on womanhood reminded me of this short youtube clip from a talk taken from E. Deiter F. Uchtdorf, one of the General Authorities in our church. If you're a woman---it is well worth the watch! Only 2 minutes long...

Click: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhLlnq5yY7k

3 comments:

TheWallinFamily said...

That was so beautifully written. Thanks for sharing.

April said...

Thanks, thanks, thanks :D

valerie said...

wait a minute....I thought I was your favorite blogger??? Haven't we already been through this? :)

All joking aside - thanks for the post. I love it...I might just print it out and hang it on my fridge!

PS - I just got home and I am bringing you $$$ tomorrow! I am so embarrassed I forgot to put it in the bag.

Thanks again for such good thoughts and reminders!!