I know what you're thinking by that title--but that's not what I mean!
In this scenario, I'm referring to the South Beach Diet.
I started it 11 days ago, and I'm finishing up phase one. It was a rough go at first, really rough. You have to give up everything. No sugar, no carbs, no starches. Only foods low on the glycemic index are allowed. Well, there goes all my favorites! You are basically reteaching your body how to process sugar correctly in this phase. I am ridding myself of the dependence I felt on a carb-induced high. I am regulating my metabolism, and I have already felt a huge change in how I feel. I no longer crave any of that stuff. I realize how much I've let myself decline in the last few years, and now that I am done having kids, it is time for a change. Especially since I am entering my 30's-- I don't want to create potential health problems for myself down the road.
During phase two, you can start adding back in the right carbs. Your body has figured out how to properly store and digest them by this point and is continuing to lose weight at a slightly slower pace.
The upside is, I've found some really great food combination's. I've gotten creative out of pure desperation probably! But I am fully satisfied after every meal. An occasional snack of a string cheese or a small handful of pistachios does the trick.
I'm glad to not be in it alone! I have two other friends entering different phases, so we can all commiserate together :) I get excited everyday when I stand on the scale (not supposed to weigh daily, I know) but the numbers have gone down every time I get on the thing!
And that right there is my motivation to keep going!
6 comments:
Awesome Jenni, I need some motivation and I think you gave me some! Dieting is never fun. I figure if I run I can eat whatever I want, but you are right the 30s are going to get me. Hopefully I can start some type of program soon. You have a lot more will power than I do, because you couldn't pay me to stop downing the carbs. Love them and the sugar, but I know they are killing me!
Way to go!
I ahve done the SBD sporatically in the past and it is my favorite diets...a lot of my inlaws have had tons of succses with it too. Keep up the HARD work :D
Way to go! I think I finally hit rock bottom, and am slowly going to crawl out of this cave. :) I did S.B.D. years ago, and never got out of phase 1 (did like 10 days, and burned out!). Keep it up girl!
Awesome Jenni. I am not doing any particular diet, but I have lost a lot of weight.. just exercising, less food, and less junk food. I am down about 25ish pounds since April (55ish since Lincoln was born but I don't count all that "free" baby weight that comes off just when they are born). I need to tone up more now. I weigh myself every morning and it helps me a TON because if I am up I just fine tune the day and if I am down I am happy and keep trying to stay disciplined. It eventually becomes "easier" to eat less junk and less food. Now I just need to exercise more consistently :D. Go, fight, win!
Yay! You've done such a great job!This weekend has been the hardest for me (you know that when the sacrament bread tastes good you've hit rock bottom), but you're inspiring me to make it through this last week!
That's great Jenni! Way to go!
Post a Comment