Saturday, December 12, 2009

Santa Terrorizes Unsuspecting Toddler

We had our ward Christmas party this morning. A breakfast themed the Polar Express. Yummy breakfast dishes were served and we enjoyed the company of our friends.

Then Santa came bounding through the door with his jolly HO HO HO! The kids were so excited! Except Reese who hid behind her parents, i think she had a feeling this could go either way and she wasn't taking any chances.

Brayden was one of the first brave ones in line! He jumped right up there and gave Santa his order--a nerf gun. Hope you've been good little boy!
Ally's turn! She was a little nervous, being as she's growing up and all and getting too cool for this kind of thing. She was a good sport though! She told Santa she wanted roller skates. After she said to me: "I hope dad gets them for me!" I said "Dad? Or Santa?" She looked at me funny and said "I guess both?" She's right on the verge of still believing but knowing something doesn't add up.

It doesn't help that our Santa had a wardrobe malfunction and his jeans were showing in the photos! Tee hee.

Owen watched curiously as the other kids in line hopped up on Santa. He wasn't too sure, but wasn't totally against it so I gently set him on Santa's lap and he immediately arched his back and started wailing.
Then something unexpected happened! Santa decided to have some fun for us camera pointing parents and give us an early Christmas gift-a photo op we'll always remember! He turned our toddler upside down and suspended him from his legs! You can imagine the laughs that erupted from the gallery of parents and kids waiting in line. Even I couldn't catch my breath from laughing so hard. But poor Owen!! He looks completely betrayed---Santa is not supposed to do this to me! he's probably thinking. And why is everyone laughing??

My poor traumatized baby. He recovered quickly and is none worse for wear. Although he know refers to Santa as "Mean Santa" but that may change when he opens his presents Christmas morning. Let's hope he blocks this incident out. I'd hate for Santa to have to pay for therapy!


5 comments:

April said...

Seriously the funniest thing ever, what an awesome family memory!
And what a funny Santa.

Karina said...

That was honestly the funniest thing today! I couldn't catch my breadth--I was laughing so hard! Great photo!

Mary said...

What in the Santa? Jeans sticking out and rough with the kids---at least you were a good sport, but poor Owen!! Don't take him to the mall or he might have flashbacks. :) No really I think its really funny, but kinda weird that he did that.........

ShAuNa said...

Ha,ha,ha! That is awesome! That gave me a good laugh Poor Owen!

Stacy said...

This is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Poor Owen, but still so funny. One day he'll see this picture and laugh... well hopefully. ;)