Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ree and Me

I just want you all to know that I got to meet my very most favorite blogger on the whole internet on Monday! THE PIONEER WOMAN!!! She wrote a cookbook (which is awesome!) and is now on her book tour. When I found out she was coming to Overland Park to a store a MILE from my house, I was jumping for joy. But then I found out it was a 'ticket only' event and was sold out---I was crushed. But my friend Olivia called in a favor, cause she's got connections like that, and two tickets magically appeared. And of course I said her other ticket was mine! No one else even had a chance, I won't deny it. So on a rainy Monday we went to Will Wyatt's Cowboy Couture and waited patiently for our turn to meet Ree (that's her name). We were numbers 199 and 200 in line, but it went by quickly. I took some photos, but they aren't very good quality--the setting was off on my camera. So I am going to post the link here on her post she did on this very stop on her tour! Enjoy!

6 comments:

TheWallinFamily said...

I'm so glad you got to go!

valerie said...

So. I guess I thought I was your favorite blogger on the whole entire internet......I cook too you know? I just don't brag about it with a book and all. Remember the waffles I brought you?
:)hee-hee.
Glad you got to meet her, sounds fun!

Jenni said...

Val--You know you're my second favorite blogger and if you wrote a cookbook I would stand in line in the rain to purchase it and get it signed!!

April said...

I must confess, I have never heard of her. I checked it out, what a awesome site/blog!!
Thanks for sharing her with us :)

Olivia W. said...

It was my honor to give you my other ticket!!! I already made chicken enchiladas from the her book. Valerie, I'm waiting for the cookbook!!!

ShaeandJustin said...

I didn't even know who the Pioneer Women was, but I am glad you were able to see her. My sister said she is a pretty cool women!