Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back To School!!

We celebrated school starting on Sunday with our little family. We had a feast of roast and carrots and homemade rolls. Afterwards, the kids each made a wish or a goal they want to accomplish this year and they blew out a candle of their choice.
Then each child got a Father's Blessing, which is a tradition in our family on the night before school each year
.

Here are the two older kids on their way out the door the next morning.
Ally is in fourth grade and Brayden in second!!
{Reese will start her last year of preschool in a few weeks}

What great kids I have!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Chelsi said...

I'm just guessing, but it looks like back to school! Yea!!! It's a magical time!

Lisa said...

Very cute traditions! I might steal them next year.

Amy said...

Love the new tradition! I think we usually have pudding. ROFLMBO


Oh, and get this ... OTE called me and asked if we officially moved. Ha ha!
Love the pics! They're so cute!

Mary said...

School starting already? This summer has blasted by!! I am so glad we got to see you guys before you left! Today is Amanda and Paige's first day of school and they did not want me to drive them. They wanted to ride the bus. They grow up way too fast!

KresserKlan said...

kids started school here last week. They are at harvest this year. I am glad they can walk home from school and they like it too!