Sunday, June 1, 2008

Dentist

I know you've been dying to hear about our trip to the dentist!
Well, let me tell you!
One of my friends referred me to this pediatric dentist, that happens to be exactly one block from our apartments.
{We were still late}
Cool retro lighting, bright colors--an under the sea theme (aren't they all?) and fish tanks everywhere set the ambiance. The staff was as bright and peppy as the turquoise and blue polka dotted carpet. They had a full service drink bar; Coffee? Tea? No thanks, not for me. Playstation and X-Box games stations and movies for the kids, both in the waiting room and in the patient areas. Our dentist, a woman this time, was hip and young with funky green glasses. The kids have had healthy teeth so far (surprising) and only Ally came away with a small cavity. They all got balloons, tokens for the toy vending machines, treat bags and soft serve ice cream (guess they want repeat costumers).
I am so happy that the kids loved going, except Reese, but she's the exception to most things (good thing she's cute.)
It was a far cry from our last dentist who shouldn't have been in pediatrics because he hated kids.

Getting your teeth drilled is fun again!

4 comments:

ShaeandJustin said...

Wow! Sounds like they have great dentists back east. I wish I could find one like that around here to take Boeden. I will have to start looking around. That's nice it's so close to your house too.

McKelle said...

I still need to take Gwen to the dentist. I think she might bite him.

Amy said...

Man, if we didn't already have a cool ped dentist, I'd switch to yours and save on gas! The girls' dentist doesn't have those cool stuff, then again, this is Johnson Co... but, we do love our dentist. SIGH....

Unknown said...

Ok, so we had a DDS appointment 2 weeks ago. The guy made me so mad. Avery was crying and I was trying to clam her down and he turned to me and said, "could you be quite now so i can talk to her." I wasn't really talking all that much either. He needs to retire. We wont be going back. Maybe we should go to your DDS.???